THE ECOHOTEL PROJECT
According to OMT, sustainable tourism is the one that safeguards the environment and natural resources and assures the company´s economic growth, and is able to meet the needs of current and future generations.According to OMT, sustainable tourism is the one that safeguards the environment and natural resources and assures the company´s economic growth, and is able to meet the needs of current and future generations.
The Eco-Hotel system consists of an environmental certification developed for the hotel business based on concepts and requirements designed by the TÜV Rheinland Group certification organism, and it allows the evaluation of the real environmental performance of the company.
Its implementation provides the acknowledgement of the company as certified and allows a continuous environmental improvement as well as a reduction of energetic associated costs. Being aware of its environmental responsibilities, Shiadu Group has embraced the Eco-Hotel system implementation project with the purpose of minimizing environmental impacts and contributing to a sustainable management of resources.
The following are some of the commitments we have taken on:
• Water consumption reduction through the use of flow control in taps and showers;
• Reduction of CO2 emissions through the use of LED lamps;
• Replacing air conditioning with open windows in the rooms while doing the daily cleaning;
• Turning off the lights in the common areas when they are not necessary;
• Reusing paper as scrap paper or paper for internal printing;
• Using heat pumps to warm up sanitary water;
• Following internal policy for linen change;
• Preventing waste production by using digital communication;
• Waste sorting for recycling through licensed operator;
• Disposal of oil waste through licensed company for biodiesel production;
• Controlled and appropriate chemical products storage;
• Eco-friendly products preferred.
How you can help:
• Reduce shower time;
• Reduce illumination usage;
• Use towels more than once;
• Use the half flush option in the bathroom;
• Open windows rather than turn the air conditioning on;
• Use air conditioning in a sustainable way;
• Don´t leave lights and air conditioning on when leaving the room.